English
alterBudapest


Sunday 10 April 2011

alterBp: Reloaded

After a long while, I'm finally getting some inspiration again.

It might be a surprise to some of you, but all the previous photos on this blog so far (with the exception of the ones from Szombathely) were taken with a broken little point-and-shoot camera borrowed from my friend. I had to, literally, tie the camera to the tripod with a pair of shoelaces. And I'm not joking.
It wasn't designed for low-light photography at all, either, so the majority of the time was spent trying to figure out ways to get the camera to do what I wanted.


In early March, however, something happened that I have been waiting for for well over 2 years: my first ever DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera has finally arrived, all the way from the UK. :-)
It's not some thousand-dollar professional body of course, and I only have the cheap kit lens for it - but that little mirror in there will already make such a huge difference that from now on the quality of the photos on this site will depend solely on my skills (or the lack thereof), rather than what could be done with the camera.


Ever since the person most important to me in my life has been taken away, I've lost all motivation and will to live, which is why the blog has been dead for close to two months now. Now however, I'm starting to feel like at least the inspiration is starting to trickle back behind my eyes. :)








I'm starting to feel less and less like I know who I am, where my life is going, and whether or not there is any point in continuing it.
At least I know I'm not alone with that.












Why do I only feel alive when I'm balancing on the threshold between life and death 11 stories up?...


"Why does it feel more real when I dream than when I am awake?..."













My new record...


...25 floors.





Puny little highrises, and a cute little toy tram...






To be continued.


0 comments

Post a Comment